Anyone who wants the world to live happily.There it is. Boom.If you know someone who wants the world to live happily, Bobs your uncle Fannys your aunt you’ve found yourself a feminist.
I think theres a lot of confusion around the word ‘feminist’. People assume that because it sounds like ‘female’ that it’s purely about fighting for womens rights. That, my friends, is a Womens Rights Activist. Feminists do of course fight for womens rights, but we also fight for male rights and gay rights and transgender rights and equal human rights for everyone. We passionately fight for a world where we can all live and get the best out of our life without limitations from our government because they thought one aspect of us (which we cannot change) was not up to their “standards”. Fuck their standards.
25 Reasons I’m A Feminist:
1) Love is one of the most beautiful things on this earth and I, nor anyone else, should ever be able to tell someone that they are undeserving of it because it doesn’t fit my personal expectations of love.
2) The parliament who create the laws on what I can do with my own female body is 71% male.
3) Ethnic minority graduates in Britain are much less likely to be employed than their white peers six months after graduation and many can expect to earn less for years after.
4) 1/3 of girls in the developing world are married before the age of 18 and 1 in 9 are married before the age of 15.
5) 75% of people living in Bangladesh, Mali and Mozambique are earning only £1.63 per day.
6) Womens bodies are sexualised and glorified on national TV for businesses to sell products, but as soon as that same women wears something “provocative” for her own comfort and confidence shes a “whore” “slag” or “asking for it“.
7) 77% of leading anti-abortion campaigners are men. 100% of those men can easily opt out of pregnancy by simply getting up and leaving and they are defended by people saying “they were not ready”.
8) If a man opens up about his feelings he’s seen as weak.
9) More than 90% of rapists don‘t go to jail.
10) Because there is parts of the world where people, male and female, are punished for being sexually abused.
11) Men who open about being sexually abused get reactions such as “can a boy even be raped” “you‘re a boy. Why didn‘t you enjoy it“.
12) 1 out of 6 women will experience sexual abuse, rape or an attempt of the previous two.
13) People are more likely to help a wealthy looking child than a homeless child.
14) The whole Muslim community is blamed for Isis, but the whole Christian/Catholic/white community are not blamed for the KKK.
15) There is no law put in place to protect legal immigrants from verbal and physical abuse.
16) Law that has been put in place concerning immigrants is refered to by MPs as “controlling them“.
17) 16 year olds are not allowed to vote in a country they are constantly told they are the future of.
18) Tampons and sanitary towels are seen as a luxury and are taxed.
19) men are expected to be strong and when they are not they are laughed at.
20) Instead of creating laws against sexual preditors laws are made against transgender people using their prefered public restroom incase they are sexual preditors.
21) Make up is seen as a womens product.
22) Because a judge and jury decide if a women was raped or not.
23) Black Lives Matter.
24) Black People are more likely to be arrested than white people.
25) everyone deserves a shot at happiness.